Fall Tornado Season
Tornadoes can occur any time of the year with spring being the most common time for outbreaks. However, due to rapidly changing weather patterns, fall is a secondary peak season, especially in the South. Since there are more dark hours during this season, there is a greater chance of tornadoes forming while you're asleep.
- Be sure to have a weather radio, or your smart phone nearby so your weather app can alert you.
- Stay weather aware. Know if you're under any watches.
- Have supplies ready, such as flashlights and first aid kits.
- Know where your closest storm shelter is.
- Call SERVPRO of North Huntsville at (256)534-1177 if you have any storm damage.