Holiday Fun in Huntsville
It's the most wonderful time of the year! There are so many fun things to do with family and friends in Huntsville in December. Here is a short list:
- Galaxy of Lights at Huntsville Botanical Gardens, November 11 - January 1. This is a family favorite! Be sure to check their website and buy tickets online.
- Tinsel Trail in Big Spring Park, Downtown Huntsville, Opens November 26. The lights around the spring are beautiful and the trees are so creative, and bonus, it's free!
- Nights of Santa, Earlyworks Children's Museum, December 13-23. Earlyworks never fails to be a good time for kids so I'm sure this is fabulous. Check their website for tickets and times.
- Skating in the Park, Huntsville Museum of Art at Big Spring Park, November 19-January 17. Being able to skate outside in the south is an amazing experience! Admission and skate rental required.
- Santa Train Rides, North Alabama Railroad Museum, December 2 and 9. I can't imagine a better experience for a child than an afternoon riding a train with Santa! Check their website for tickets, they sell out fast!
- Huntsville Christmas Parade, December 7 at 6pm. Another free fun night! The parade winds through our historic downtown.
- A Christmas Carol presented by Fantasy Playhouse, Von Braun Center Playhouse, December 3-5, and December 10-12. I'm sure everyone has read or seen this classic story on tv, so how exciting would it be to see it live! Check their website for tickets!
- The Nutcracker, Huntsville Ballet, December 10-12. This classic is also a Huntsville tradition since 2021 is their 53rd year presenting The Nutcracker! Check their website for ticket information.