Emergency Tips Before Help Arrives
Here are some Emergency Tips to perform before SERVPRO of North Huntsville arrives on the scene. When in doubt before you turn the claim into the insurance company, have SERVPRO of North Huntsville come and evaluate the loss. SERVPRO has the tools to determine where the water has migrated to and the knowledge to show you the extent of the damage. Then our team can determine the best course of action to take in order to properly take care of the water damage.
WATER DAMAGE- Emergency Tips
- Shut off the water source , if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping or extracting with a Wet Vacuum Unit
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under the furniture legs.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from the wet area.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
- Keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Move any books, magazines, papers, boxes out of the wet area.
- Avoid direct contact with floodwater, as it may be contaminated with harmful substances and bacteria.
To speak to a professional about our remediation process, call us today at (256) 534-117.